Thursday, 1 October 2009

One of those days.

Today I had a roof over my head.

Pure water came forth from my faucets.

The hot water heater functioned well, as did the air conditioning. My car ran smoothly.

I enjoyed nutritious food.

Breakfast was a good pear smeared with peanut butter.

For lunch I had a lettuce, tomato and tuna salad.

Dinner consisted of cabbage, broccoli and onion, sautéed in a bit of olive oil and soy sauce, with a small amount of chicken.

Nothing and nobody annoyed or irritated me today.

I am as certain as I can be that I did not annoy or irritate anyone.

I met with the contractor who is renovating the lanai in my home, and we agreed on a contract. Work starts tomorrow!

I did a bit of gardening, read some history, walked the dog five times, made a fuss of both cats, and enjoyed a visit with my good friend Ben.

On a day such as today I know that I am among some of the most privileged people in the world (and there are nearly 7 billion of us).

Just for today I have a sense of gratitude – “to G-d, to life, or to the universe” – whatever we call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment