Things that keep me awake at night


I purchase those easy to use disinfecting wipes.  The ones I use are a store brand, but they are most likely made by Lysol or Clorox.
I am not exactly certain that they are any more efficacious than hot water and a bit of dish detergent, but they are mightily handy.
I think that it’s the name that seduces me into the purchase.  “Disinfecting wipes” has an allure of safety.  After all, according to the label, they kill 99.9% of bacteria in 15 seconds. I try not to worry about the 00.01% of un-killed bacteria! 
And there is also the advertised “lemon scent”.  Who would ever doubt that “lemon scent” makes all the difference!  One of these days I will try to purchase some “lemon scented” lemons.
Today, in a fit of curiosity I read the “fine print” on the label.  It included these words:
“It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling”.
Having read  this I am terrified that the FEDS will soon be after me.   
True enough I have not tried to eat one of the wipes, or to build a tent with them, or to use one to write my shopping list.
But who knows which Federal Law I may have violated as I have used the wipes?
Please: offer some suggestions as to my possible misdemeanors or felonies in the use of them.
Pretty please: do not call the FBI. 





Comments

  1. Michael,

    Some free advice: Breathe deeply a few times, and maybe get out more.

    Happy Advent,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"