I did not mean what they thought I meant.


Last night, as you may have read, I was at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key (Sarasota. FL) for a Friday night “Fish Fry”.

At table with me were my friends Dave F., Bob and Clare T, and Ron and Charlotte T.

Ron T. commented favourably on my recent weight loss.

This made me happy. (Losing weight is not easy).


With ne’er a naughty thought in my mind I responded to his good words by saying “it is difficult to keep it up”.

I was making reference to my weight loss programme.

My table companions, led by Clare T. responded with hearty laughter at what they took to be a “double-entendre”.

I blushed, and then joined in with the laughter.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"