Three women: Mosley, Parker, Hutchinson.

My recent reading has taken me to biographies of women whose names I knew, but of whose lives I knew little. 

They are Diana Mitford Mosley (2003); Dorothy Parker (1967); and Anne Hutchinson (1643).

The dates in parentheses indicate the year of death. 

As it happens those dates also indicate the way in which I think of these women - in reverse order. Thus it is that I have little respect for Diana Mitford Mosley, more respect for Dorothy Parker, and enormous respect for Anne Hutchinson.

I believe that these three women “stood against the crowd”, for good or for ill. 

At a time in history when women are once again being subjugated by the religions of terror (i.e. Fundamentalist Islam and Fundamentalist Christianity – [there is not much between them]) I believe that it is vitally important that we should learn from those women who have made a difference.

I will write more about Lady Mosley, Dorothy Parker, and Mistress Hutchinson in the coming days.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"