Denise and Elizabeth

Denise worked at the local car dealership at which I get my Hyundai serviced. She is one of the most friendly, helpful and honest service clerks I have ever met. She left there last Friday to move to Brandon, FL some 60 miles. I saw her on Friday and was able to wish her all the best in this new part of her life.
When I retrieved my car the next day I was attended to by Bob, her manager. I ventured that I would miss Denise. “Not as much as I” he said, “she is one of the finest people I’ve ever worked with”. What a lovely tribute.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am reading biography of Queen Elizabeth I (it’s by Alison Weir, and was published by Ballantine Books in 1998). Weir recounts that the Earl of Oxford broke wind when bowing before the Queen. He was so ashamed that he went into a self-imposed exile from the Royal Court for seven years. Upon his return, Elizabeth warmly received him, then said, with a mischievous twinkle, “My Lord, I had forgot the fart.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"