Madder than hell - and immensely sad.

Regular readers of this blog will remember tales of my “neighbour from hell”.  She and I share a driveway.  Our car ports are side-by-side, with no dividing wall. She is a very angry and hostile woman. 

She has cursed me out on many occasions.  She has called me an “s.o.b”; a “m-f”; a “white m.f.” – and many other nasty things.

I sometimes wonder if she is mentally ill, or if she is a problem drinker.  

The there are days on which I think that she is simply mean and nasty.

This “neighbour from hell” has, from time to time, engaged various “handymen”.  

I have noted that after a week or so of work, she would yell and scream at these folk.

It’s not that I am nosy - but I have been unable escape this “yelling and screaming”.  She yells and screams from within her home, and I hear it from inside mine.

I heard it again last week.  I could not miss it as she yelled and screamed at a “30-something” young man, who had been doing some work in her car-port.  I watched as he left her home.  His shoulders were down.  He seemed to be very dejected.

When I returned from a shopping trip today I saw that he was back, for he had parked his SUV in a way which blocked my driveway.  He quickly apologised and moved his SUV.

I made a guess about the situation and whispered:  “Has she shafted you?”  “Yes” he replied, “for $200, and she called me very name under the sun”.  I told him that this did not surprise me since I also had been tongue-lashed by her.

He commended my patience with such a neighbour.  I confessed that I was not particularly patient, but that I had learned to keep utterly silent in the face of her verbal abuse.

My heart went out to him.  I hate the fact that he has been treated in such a shitty way.


I was frustrated with my own powerlessness to help this young man.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"