Vegetable and fruit bliss


Retirement has brought for me a rediscovery of fruits and vegetables.  I am not, and probably will never totally eschew meat (it’s hard to eschew something I love to chew!).   

But I am eating far more fruits and vegetables than ever I did whilst working.

Yesterday I took myself to Yoder’s produce market on Bahia Vista Street.

I bought:

A green cabbage, weighing almost 2lbs, for 96 cents
A head of celery for $1.29
2lbs of carrots for $1.39
1lb of parsnips for $1.79
A pound and a half of honey crisp apples for $2.24
A pound and a half of bartlett pears for $2.10
A pound and a third of beets for $1.37
A pound and three quarters of sweet onions for $2.27
Just over a pound of tomatoes for $1.51
Two large guavas for $2.21
Two small guavas for 52 cents
Two green peppers for $1.30


Total cost = $18.95.   These fruits and veggies will serve me for at least 7 days, as I eat them. 

Fruits for breakfast.
Veggies for lunch.
And some of the veggies with dinner.  

What a bargain!  With such healthy foodstuffs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"