Cabbage is good!

Cabbage is good!  I braised some cabbage tonight for my dinner.  Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

4 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 large “Granny Smith” apple, peeled, cored and diced
Half a head of cabbage, chopped coarsely
Quarter teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
Three tablespoons of cider vinegar ( I used red wine vinegar)
One quarter cup apricot preserves

Method

1.    Sautee onions and apple in butter for about 8 minutes.
2.    Add cabbage, pepper, vinegar and apricot preserves -  blend well.
3.    Simmer in a covered pan over low heat for about 90 minutes

How I cooked this tonight.


(Having sautéed the onion and apple in a skillet, I transferred them to a slow cooker, and then added the cabbage, pepper, red wine vinegar and apricot preserves.  I also added some thinly sliced boneless pork chops.  Then I allowed the whole mess to simmer away for about an hour and three quarters).

‘Twas delicious!  And there are more than enough leftovers for tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"