Phew!

I decided this morning to “do the right thing”: -  that is to see a Physician with regard to my hearing loss.

My Primary Care Physician is Dr. Kristen Paulus.  She is “the tops”.  But she is always so busy.

So I took myself to Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s “Urgent Care” facility on nearby University Boulevard.

I had suspected that my hearing loss was due to a build up of ear wax. My suspicions proved to be accurate.

The Physician at this urgent care clinic examined my ears.  Then a good L.P.N. (Licensed Practical Nurse) went to work.  She rinsed both ear canals with a mixture of warm water and hydrogen peroxide.

I was in and out of the clinic in the space of 50 minutes.  I entered worrying about my hearing loss.  I left much relieved, and able to hear better than at any time during the past two months.

My guess is that this ear wax problem had been building up over a matter of weeks, if not months.  My hearing had been diminished “little by little”, so much so that I’d hardly noticed the diminishment until about 12 days ago.

Now I can even hear the ticking of my clocks and my watch. And I can hear my dog’s pants as we walk out in these very hot days.

“Phew” -  I can hear again.

“Wow” – the Urgent Care Clinic staff were so efficient.

“Oh no” – I will get some bills in a month or two!


Comments

  1. I was going to say how glad I was to hear your good news, but I guess you are more glad to "hear" than any of us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"