Home cooking

Food

1 .So I made up a mess of chicken salad, using breast meat from a store bought rotisserie chicken, with diced red onion, green pepper and celery with mayo and a bit of salt and red pepper for seasoning.  Having done so, my body spoke to me.  It said “this chicken salad would be soooo good in a croissant”.   Indeed!

Off I went to “C’est la vie” the French owned and operated bakery/cafe on SRQ’s Main Street.  There I bought two croissants (at $1.70 each).  It was an expensive but well worth while treat. The croissants with their light and flaky pastry positively oozed with butter  -  they were so delicious as a "once in a while indulgence".

2 .  My pals Bill and Patrick went fishing in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday together with Bill’s daughter Katy.  They returned with a good amount of “Red Snapper” – some of which they gave me.   


Wow, wow, wow -  what a delight  - eating fish on the day it was caught!

I baked some today with a few mushrooms, with broccolis as a “side”.  ‘Twas delicious.

  I’ll use the rest in Brodetto (fish stew).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"