I'm a Yankee doodle dandy.

I have a good life here in Sarasota FL.

My life includes good friends, fabulous weather, a nice home (with three gorgeous pets), and membership and ministry in an excellent Episcopal church.

I am grateful.

But I miss New England.  I miss the four distinct seasons. I miss the hills and the mountains, the valleys and the streams.

Mostly I miss thoe wonderful parts of New England life  which include:

 a generally  liberal outlook on life;

a deep appreciation of education and of culture, 

and a lack of ostentation.

It’s not that New England is better than Florida.

It’s more that I am a “Yankee” at heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"