A super day. (and I'll be off blog until Sunday)

TODAY.




1. Prayer service at Resurrection House -  Sarasota’s Day Shelter for homeless people.  There were ten of us there.  It was simple and lovely.  I was glad to pray with my homeless friends.

2. Lunch at “Dry Dock” on Longboat Key (near Sarasota. FL) with my dear friends Jack and Pat – visiting from New Hampshire.  We sat on an outside patio alongside the Florida west coast Intra-coastal waterway.  The food was excellent, the air was balmy, the view was excellent, and my friends are great.

3. Evening Eucharist at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, Sarasota, FL.  (This is my responsibility on the first Wednesday of each month).

It is Holy Week. The Gospel reading from John was about Judas’ decision to betray Jesus.

I raised the question (apropos Judas) “Do we betray ourselves before we betray others?”  (I think so).

===========================

NOT A BAD DAY.  Indeed a good day.

====================================


 I will not be blogging for the next few (and holiest for Christians) days.

MAUNDY THURSDAY: (When I’ll have the privilege of preaching, and celebrating the Eucharist at St. B’s 10:00 a.m. service).

GOOD FRIDAY:  (When I will assist another of St. B’s retired clerics at a 7:00 a.m. service).

HOLY SATURDAY:  (The day when for Christians “God is dead” and there is no hope.)


I expect to make my next blog entry on Easter Day (2012)  --Sunday 8th April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"