Wow - thanks for great birthday celebrations.


I love my birthday, and try to celebrate it with gusto.  It’s the one day in each year which I can claim as a “me-day”.

I was born on 26th May 1944. I am a “Gemini”, and indeed I have a twin sister.

26th May is also the “Saints’ Day” for Augustine of Canterbury, the first ever Archbishop of Canterbury.

One time, maybe 20 years ago,  I happened to be in Canterbury, U.K. on 26th May.  It was cool to be able to attend an early morning Eucharist that day at Canterbury Cathedral.  It was celebrated in a Chapel in the under croft of the Cathedral.

What fun it was to be in that venerable Cathedral on my birthday, and for an Eucharist which commemorated St. Augustine.

I have celebrated my birthday so very well this year.

Thursday 24th saw me at a local restaurant with some of my gay buddies. A feisty and well loved waitress (Kay) bought out a nice slice of cheese-cake avec candle after dinner for my pleasure.

Friday 25th I had a few friends chez moi for drinks and nibbles.

Saturday 26th my friends Ben and Bob hosted a wee celebration for me.

Monday 28th (Memorial Day in these United States) will see me at the home of my SRQ friends Jack and Donna for a bit of lunch to close my birthday celebrations (for this year!).

For once I am glad for Facebook’s timeline. It made me so very grateful to read so very many birthday greetings from Facebook friends. Thank you.


If “God spares me” I’ll reach soixante-neuf in 2013.    I can’t wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"