Isaac - what are you heading?


Tropical Storm Isaac is heading our way, or maybe it is not heading our way.

Tropical Storm Isaac may develop into hurricane, or perhaps it won’t..

A hurricane?

Heading our way?

Who knows?

We'll  have to wait and see.

We’ll have to wait and see, but we can also be prepared.

I began the  preparations today.



1,  The Coleman campers stove is working and I have a back up propane gas canister.

2, I have candles and matches.

3,  I’ve checked the batteries in a big flashlight, they are good,

4. And in an emergency lantern – it  works

5.  Finally  in the little flashlight which I can strap to my head  -  (.it’s modeled on a miner’s lamp) –  it  will be a useful tool should  ( for example) I need to use both hands to open a can of tuna or sardines for  food in an emergency.

6. I bought four gallons of spring water this morning –to make coffee and to cook veggies if the storm hits here next week.

If the storm moves nearer I will fill a bathtub with water (not to drink, but to use to flush the toilet).

So, what I have forgotten?  (I cannot afford an emergency generator!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"