Superfluity and memory

Memory is so odd.

* It is random.

* It springs up without advance notice.

* Who knows how it is triggered?

For example  as I was walking with Penne on Thanksgiving morn I, all out of the blue, recalled these words from the King James/Authorized version of the Christian Bible (first published in  1611)



"lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness" ( James 1:21)


WOW 1


From where did this memory spring?

WOW 2

There is a deliciousness in  17th C English which has all but disappeared from 21st C speech and writing. 

It  is a lovely, poetic and evocative phrase.

WOW 3

I often love to be naughty.  I would be more than glad to partake in a "superfluity of naughtiness".

WOW 4

Care to join me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"