Advance Australia Fair


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Australia_Fair

So, this is a National Anthem which never caught on.

Ne’er mind about the Anthem, it’s incidental.

But do mind about Australia.

It’s a fabulous Country/Nation/Continent.

I was there a year ago.

On Dec 10th 2011 I was visiting my friends Andrew and Felicity McGowan in Melbourne. On that day I took a Ferry from Melbourne down to Williamstown.

I could not resist that trip since I know of only two places called “Williamstown”:   - this  one in the Australian State of Victoria, the other one in Berkshire County, Massachusetts.

More important than the two places called Williamstown is that I utterly enjoyed being in Australia.

I visited the (under-rated) and gorgeous City of Adelaide.

My days in Melbourne were delightful (it’s a fabulous City).

And (of course) I spent some time in the “tourist trap” City of Sydney.

A year later I am drenched in Australian memories. I would love to return there.

Should you decide to visit Australia I am sure that you would love to visit the “Great Barrier Reef”. etc

All well and good: if that is “your thing “.

But if you are in Australia do not neglect to  visit  Adelaide and Melbourne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"