Necessary plans


I have never done this before, and it may seem silly BUT

I have registered with the U.S. State Department’s “Safe Travel” programme for my upcoming trip to Vietnam,    Jan 26th –Feb 10th.

Therefore: In any emergency the State Department will contact my youngest brother Martyn in the U.K. (and I will provide Martyn with a list of my USA contacts).

It seems prudent to do this.

For when I travelled to Ecuador I was linked with my friends Chris and Trish Morck who (then) lived in Quito.

And when I visited Australia I had contact with my former Cambridge colleague Dr. Andrew McGowan who lives and works in Melbourne.

But I do not know a soul in Vietnam.

So: if I break a limb, or get sick, or shuck off this mortal coil when I am in Vietnam   - there will be a way to notify Martyn – and a way for him to contact my American friends.

Thank goodness for the U.S. State Dept, (and get well soon Secretary of State Hillary Clinton).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"