I caved in. New a/c unit.


So, after a second report on my central air/con unit I decided to cough up and replace it.

There was a lot of corrosion on the coil, and around the electrical switches, and some loss of cold air.

The unit may well have been good for another six, eight, or twelve months but I decided that discretion was the better part of value. Therefore it was (in my judgement) wiser to replace the unit now than to risk its failure in mid-summer.

The cost made me say “ouch”, but then I remembered that I have some savings which are set aside precisely for such an event. Better to use these savings now than to shell out more in the future.

The local Air Con company which I use sweetened the deal by adding an ultra-violet light (to prevent mould) at no extra cost (saving me $400+ – or so they say!), and by giving me a voucher for one year of free maintenance.

The guys: Gerry and Chris arrived at 8:30 a.m.  They finished by 1:15.p.m.

There was huge excitement in my neighbourhood when the crane arrived to remove the old unit from the roof-top, and lift up the new one.

We are easily amused in this 55+ community.

Crane hook over my home

It's big crane

Out with the old

In with the new (1)

In with the new (2)

Such a nice big Crane!  The operator had red hair and a red beard which endeared him to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"