Back at "work" today.


I was back at my old game today as I officiated at the celebration and blessing of the marriage of Lauren Carol Taylor and Robert Jason Steinkuehler.

We were at the Powel Crosley Mansion in Sarasota, FL

 
Lauren and Rob are from Chicago.

I first met Lauren on 13th April 2013, and Rob on 20th April 2013.

So, why was I officiating at the ceremony today?

‘Twas because when the couple decided to get wed in Sarasota the Pastor who’d promised to officiate withdrew.

Lauren was lamenting about this to her friend Libby Jones.

Libby said “the Priest who officiated at my marriage to Sam Gillen in Pittsfield, MA back in 1997 now lives in Sarasota , maybe he can help”

So help I did.  Here are some  “snaps”.

jmp, Lauren and Rob (1). On the east side of the intra-coastal waterway, Longboat Key in the background.

jmp, Lauren and Rob (2). On the east side of the intra-coastal waterway, Longboat Key in the background.


Sam and Libby Gillen, jmp  today



I officiated at Sam and Libby's wedding in 1997.  I baptised their two children:   "Gigi" (Grace Gillen)  (in Amherst MA) and Theo (on Cape Cod) 


I stayed with Libby's brother Derrick at his home in Los Angeles en route to Vietnam earlier this year.

Libby and Derrick's mom (Dr. Grace Jones) is one of my beloved friends.  She is about to retire from her position as President of the Three Rivers Community College in Norwich, CT



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"