Party boy.


Last evening I was at an informal dinner party to meet and greet the new Rector at St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, FL  the Revd. John Hall FL, together with his spouse Jean Hall. 
The parish footed the bill for the fine meal.  St. Boniface’s Assistant Rector Andrea Taylor  and her husband Jonathan were the hosts.
The other guests were six of the seven retired clerics who hang out at St. Boniface church, and their spouses.
Despite the facts that I do not have a spouse, and am no longer active in Sunday ministries at St B’s, Andi Taylor was cool enough to make sure that I was included.  That made me very happy, and I enjoyed the evening.


This evening I was a guest at the home of my friends Elliott and Jesse to celebrate Elliot’s 83rd birthday.  Both he and Jess have been in very poor health during the past year and it was great that they were well enough to have a party.

‘Twas terrific to be at the party with Elliot and Jess, and with pals such as Bob Lewis, Bob Morse, Gordon Cory, John Vogel, Bill Byers and Patrick Cosgrove each of whom I see on a regular basis.

But it was even better to be with my dear friends Mary and Marjorie, Janet and Maggie, and Alice and Irene – folks who I like very much but rarely get to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"