Procrastination

In retirement it is all too easy to put off various housekeeping tasks with the thought "I can do that tomorrow".

Today I realised that "I can do that tomorrow" can lead to many "tomorrows".

So I decided that today was tomorrow, and that I should wash, dry and iron my curtains which have been gathering dust and  grime for many a day.

In fact, I have not washed them since May 2011 when I did so in anticipation of the visit of my brother Martyn and his son Sam.

(They did not notice!).

So all those over 700 "tomorrows" ended "today".  I have beautifully  washed, dried and ironed curtains.

Phew -  the next "curtain washing tomorrow"  will be in 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"