Don't worry - you probably do not have Altzheimer's disease.

Folks of my generation (early baby boomers)  sometimes make mistakes regarding engagements and appointments.

For instance -  I thought that I was to have lunch with my friends Barbara and Kay on Thursday, and with my friend Muriel today.

Turns out that it was the other way round -  i.e.  Thursday with Muriel, and today with B and K.

In the event I was alerted to my mistaken thoughts because Muriel telephoned to confirm our Thursday arrangement.

Was my mistake  a sign of Alzheimer's Disease? 

Stuff and nonsense!  It was no more or less than an indication that in retirement I check my calendar less often than when I was working  and in the midst of things.

IN A SIMILAR VEIN -  I had written in my calendar that the Sarasota "Pride" Festival was on Oct 12th.  I had promised to staff the St. Boniface Church (Sarasota) booth between noon and 2:00.p.m.

As I "talked this up" with my lesbian and gay pals I was shocked to discover  that they had heard nothing about a Pridefest on Oct 12th.

With that in mind I did a web search and discovered that the 2013 Sarasota Pridefest is on Oct 19th, not Oct 12th.

Was my mistake  also a  sign of Alzheimer's Disease?   

Stuff and nonsense!  It was no more or less than an indication  that it is all too easy to make typing errors -  e.g. 12th instead of 19th.

Many of us made these same errors in the days of "Selectric" typewriters.

.........................................................................................................................................

HERE ARE MY TWO "anecdotal" points.

1. When we were young we often forgot the dates and times of events, but we did not panic about this: - we simply relied on the memories of our nearest and dearest family members and friends.

2. Every single person I have known who developed "full-blown" Alzheimer's Disease had been extremely "vague around the edges" in their fifties and sixties.

==============================

Hugsfromjmp.  All is well!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"