Good news from St. Stephen's Pittsfield (with the two Eds)

Some of you will remember that earlier this year I spent a great weekend with my neighbours Ed Green and Eddie Palmer at their second home in Hendersonville, N.C.

The two Eds  told me that they planned to spend two weeks in October at a time share in Hancock MA. -  in Berkshire County.

I gave them a list of  "must sees" including the Clark Art Museum in Williamstown, the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, the Hancock Shaker Village, Tanglewood in Lenox  (grounds worth walking even when the Boston Symphony Orchestra is not in residence), Chesterwood in Stockbridge (home of Daniel Chester French - sculptor (amongst many things) of the Abraham Lincoln statue in Washington D.C.)

I also suggested a visit to St. Stephen's Parish in Pittsfield (where I was Rector from 1984 - 2000) perhaps merely to see the fabulous windows by Tiffany and by Mary Tillinghast, but maybe also to be present for the Sunday Eucharist.

They took up my suggestion and were present at St. Stephen's this morning.  It happened to be the first Sunday for St. Stephen's new Rector, the Revd. Cricket Cooper.

Within hours I read this on Facebook

From Joan Morrow. 

St. Stephen's Parish, Pittsfield MA, and the Rev. Cricket Cooper became a wonderful new team this week! We are excited and delighted! New Bishop, New Rector - both wonderful:

What a hoot. During the Peace this morning, two gentlemen in front of me turned around to say they are visiting and live two doors down from JMPovey! He recommended our church, St. Stephen's Pittsfield. Ed &  Ed - a lovely couple: thanks for sending them, Dear Michael!

From Claudia Curry.

Met the two Ed's today......thanks for sending them our way!

 
As Joan put it -  what a hoot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"