Massachusetts or Florida?

I lived, worked, and voted in Massachusetts for thirty years.

1976 to 1984 as a green card holder,

Since 1984 as a U.S. citizen.

As an expatriate English liberal I liked the generous and mildly progressive government of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

As a human being I rejoiced in the physical beauty of my adopted State, especially in the sixteen years in which I lived in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2006 I retired and moved to Sarasota in Florida.

As a human being I rejoice in our gorgeous (Lido and Siesta Key) beaches.

As a human being I am grateful for Sarasota's Opera, Ballet, Symphony and Theatre.  We are a cultural mecca.

As an expatriate English liberal I am pissed off by the retrograde and harsh "anti-poor" policies of  the Republican party dominated legislature in Tallahassee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However on this day (12th Dec 2013) when the outside  temperature in Florida at 9:00 p,m. is 60f, I am more than happy to be domiciled in Florida than in freezing  Massachusetts,

But I have a more than a wee bit of nostalgic admiration for the beauty of the Berkshire County Mt. Greylock as seen in today's icy photo.

 




Mt Greylock MA 12th Dec 2013


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"