My Florida Bishop "gets me".

My Bishop ( a.k.a. "boss")  is and will be the Bishop of Massachusetts (whomever he or she may be) until the day I die

But in  retirement I am "on loan" so to speak  to the Bishop of South West Florida whose See includes Sarasota.

This local Bishop is The Rt. Revd.  Dabney T Smith. I like and respect him greatly.

Bishop Smith has heard me when I have gone off on a passionate speech (some would call it a rant!) about the gospel, or the church (or the price of cornflakes) etc.

He was at the parish where I hang my hat (St. Boniface, Siesta Key FL)  last Sunday.

I greeted him in the Sacristy just before the early service.

After some warm chit-chat Bishop Smith said with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes: "Now Michael, if you disagree with anything I say in my sermon this morning SIT ON IT".

Of course he was teasing,  and I love it. He "gets me".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"