COMCAST and a rant. (goody, goody I can rant again)

I have not ranted in the recent months.

I feared that my ranting days were o'er.

Lord above, that would be tragic.

BUT HERE IT IS  ----  A RANT FOR TODAY.
 
 
My  basic Cable TV is via Comcast. The monthly fee is absorbed into my condominium assessment because our Condominium Association has a contract with Comcast for basic T.V. service.
 
Some residents opt to pay more directly to Comcast for additional T.V  features  such as HBO etc., but not I. 
 
I am a basic T.V. kind of guy
 
 
BUT I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA TO COMCAST FOR INTERNET SERVICE
 
 
 
I understand the need for this extra charge for Internet, but dammit I cannot fathom why it increases every year.
 
 
In 2013 it was $59.44
 
In 2014 it will be $62.51
 
 
I am on automatic bill pay and the locally monopolistic Comcast imposed this increase without a word of explanation. (N.B.  I am not getting any improved services, nor is inflation rampant in the U.S.A. )
 
What's worse is that Comcast is a communications company, yet there is no way of communicating with them via their website, and asking for an explanation for  their $3.07 per month increase.
 
Comcast does not give a fig.   For this Company knows that there is no other high speed service in my locality. It's Comcast or nothing,
 
Yet Repuglicans and Demodrats in the U.S.A,  and sTory-tellers in the U.K., and so called  Liberals in Australia insist that the "free market" will solve all of our fiscal problems. 
 
DAMMIT  there is no such thing as a free market.
 
All of the national and international markets are slewed by various governments in favour of  greedy and monopolistic companies. That's why my internet service costs have increased this year.
 
 It's
 
NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FREE MARKET
 
 
It's
 
EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE CORPORATE STATE
 
 

 
 

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"