Sam who? Silly me?

At the very moment when I got to the entrance foyer at St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, FL  for the 9:00 service this morning I realized that I had left my permanent name label in my car.

I thought "dearie, dearie me" (or words to that effect), and then decided that I would not walk the 300 yards to where my car was parked, but that I would use a temporary name label from the stash in the Church foyer.

Some of my best buddies were in the foyer.

I said (feeling unusually silly) "I think that I will make a  name tag with a false name to see if anyone  notices". (I had thought to write  name tag with the name "Horace")

But one of my foyer pals said "write Sam on your tag".

This I did.

Katie, my regular pew mate, was the first to notice my new and false moniker.  I told her that I was being silly (how unusual) and she said "I think that you look like a Sam. That would be a good name for you".

Another parishioner said (with a twinkle in his eyes) "I knew that you were being silly (wot me?) so I decided to ignore you".

At "the Peace" when we greet one another in Jesus' name I  had to explain to the young couple who were sitting behind me (they are "regulars" but we had never before met) that Sam was not my real name. They were nice to me (but maybe they thought me to be  a wee bit crazy).

Do I  look like a Sam?

I think not, but if it were true I would be honoured,

For my very best and favourite nephew is named  ......  SAM!

This morning I was merely a S(H)AM
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"