Cousin Kippy asked "So what's the 411 on the CPAP?"

It took me a moment to figure out the "411".  I have never before seen it in this context. American friends will know what it means. 

But first, following yesterday's post titled "I should get out more often" I report that I have received and accepted an invitation for dinner on April 2nd.

Boy, all at once I am so very popular. (But I know that "they" are after my money).

 "So what's the 411 on the CPAP?"

I have used the machine for three nights, with mixed results.

On the positive side the machine is all but silent, and I can sleep pretty well whilst using it.

BUT there are wee problems. 

One is that the soft plastic nostril piece sometimes gets detached from the air hose, meaning that I have to get up and turn on the lights to re-attach it.

Another is that the nostril piece can sometimes block my nasal breathing, so that I cannot breathe in and out via my snozzle, and have to breathe through my mouth - (this defeats the purpose of the CPAP machine and leads to brief apneas).
 
The truth is that I have not observed any improvement in my quality of sleep, thus I am still tired during the daytime, and still need to take long naps.
 
Never fear -  for  the techie from the local supplier of CPAP machines will stop by in the morning, and see if a mask which covers both nose and mouth will be more helpful. (That may be the case since I am normally a mouth breather).
 
And I will persist since (a) I am damn "tired of being tired",  and (b) untreated sleep apnea increases the chances of  a heart attack.
 
So, dear Cousin Kippy, "that's the 411 on the CPAP".
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"