A dear friend and gentle rainfall.

A dear friend.

Just ahead of my holiday in the U.K. I spent an hour or so this evening  with my new (since 2008) and beloved friend Betty.  She is the almost nonagenarian ex-Marine who lives in nearby Glen Oaks Manor Estates. 

This evening we each drank a soda, and nibbled on fish crackers.

Damn -  she is such a hot ticket.  She is entirely and unquestionably liberal in her politics; she has a quick and ready wit;  she adores my dog Penne (the feeling is mutual);  and I enjoy every  minute of her company.

We were together for this short while to enjoy each others company before my vacation in the U.K.

Betty gave me $10  - so that I can have a wee treat on my holiday,

Although I am reluctant to receive money from older folks, it seemed to be meet and right
to accept this  loving gift,

Gentle rainfall
 
 
As Penne and I walked home we heard  soft rumbling thunder -  no loud crashes, just that good thunder which we can enjoy from a distance.  Fortunately Penne is never bothered by thunder and lightning storms.
 
And there was gentle warm rain.  We walked together, Penne unfazed, and I (sans parapluie) enjoying nature's baptism.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"