Sleeping in Church/Super Moon/Smashing Cheese

Sleeping in Church/Super Moon/Smashing Cheese


Sleeping in Church

I visited another parish this morning -  not my regular home, but a place where I like and care for many of the people.

But, "oh dear"  I twice drifted off to sleep during the sermon. 

This had little to so with the sermon. It has to so with my continuing problem of intense sleepiness throughout the day.

A couple of  my Doctors think that this sleepiness is rooted in sleep-apnea.  I am not so sure.  I use the CPAP machine on a regular basis.  Its programme records very low levels of apnea.

So I will be back to my Primary Care Physician soon (after submitting blood for testing) - then she and I will try to figure out why I frequently  fall asleep at the drop of a hat (and mostly when no hat is in sight).

Super Moon

The internet (at least in North America) is filled with the "news"  that we should expect another "super-moon" tonight. 

I am certain that tomorrow my Facebook page will be filled with photo's of the big and gorgeous moon. 

My response is BLEAH.  

Many damn fools with internet access and a decent camera will post pictures of the super-moon as if they alone knew about it.

Excuse my cynicism, but I will not have the slightest interest in these photo's. I want to see it for myself.

Thus, I'll be happy to take my own gander at this moon if our Floridian clouds allow, but I also wish that I could have a sense of awe and wonder not because "the internet told me so", but because I encountered it all by myself.

Smashing Cheese
I confess that I wanted to alliterate, hence my use of the British/English word Smashing  rather than repeating the word Super.  That being said, here is another confession. 

The very expensive Springbrook Farms Reading VT made cheese which I bought a few days ago at Whole Foods is so utterly good.  It is a worthy substitute  for the now unavailable but gorgeous French "Morbier", but it is very expensive.

My confession is that I bought some more today.

I bought just under half a pound @ $15.99 per pound. Damn, that is  expensive!

But this "Vermont made unpasteurized cows milk cheese"  is  so utterly delicious that I abandoned all thoughts of frugality, and splurged without shame.

I will try to use it on special occasions rather than eating it as a "snack cheese".  (Fat chance!).

If my American cheese loving  friends find that their taste buds are being teased (and they should be) I can tell you no more than that this cheese is available at Whole Foods with no special name -  it is  marketed by Whole Foods under the label "Springbrook Farms Reading".

I hope that my splurge will bring some benefit to the hard-working Dairy farmers of Vermont.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"