Starlings (Murmurations) and Crows ( Cawcophany ?)

When many starlings gather together to decorate our skies, it is known as a "murmuration".
 
 
I have seen such murmurations every now and then  in the skies above Sarasota FL. 
 
They are gorgeous  to behold.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The noisy crows form similar flocks.  I have seen such flocks three times in the past week.
 
This photo' is not mine. It is from Google images

 
 
Crows do not create a "murmuration". That word is reserved for swallows.


So I have created my own collective noun for the flocks of crows. 

I call them  "a cawcophony of crows".

(Doubtless some other "wise guy/girl" created this collective long before I).

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"