Dishabille.

As I walk out with Penne each day I encounter folks in many varieties of dishabille.

Men, well past a "certain age", shirtless, in shorts, and with utterly unattractive bellies.

Women,  (older than I) in ugly house coats, or even in nighties - fetching the morning newspaper.

Each to her/his own, I suppose.

I often see,  (early every morning, at a distance),  one particular woman  as she walks her dog.   She is always dressed in simple elegance. 'Tis a joy to behold.

This  morning we came face to face.  We greeted each other.

I said "may I offer you a compliment?".  She nodded her assent. 

"You" I said, "are always dressed so beautifully".

She replied " I do so because I have to work".

"What kind of work?"  I asked.

"At T..le Bro..ers" Funeral Home" she replied.

I said "now I understand, and I admire your gracious appearance".

She responded with a smile.  She thanked me.  Then she said "it's worth getting up every morning so that I can dress well, and then go to work".

"Dressing well to go to work!"  "Ma'am you inspire me!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"