Faux Cho

Regular readers will know that I am very partial to Gazpacho -  a delicious cold soup, to be enjoyed in hot weather.

Here is how Wikipedia describes it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gazpacho

Today I made what I call "faux-cho".

I had about 3/4 of a litre of store-bought "Bloody Mary Mix".

(I bought it earlier in the year when my English friend Muriel Q, and our Anglophile friends Jack and Donna C. came to my home for a lunch which featured "kippers".   I figured that these friends might enjoy a pre-lunch "Bloody Mary", which they did, and I did not.  Hence I had a surplus of "Bloody Mary Mix").

"Waste not - want not"  indeed, but "Bloody Mary Mix" on its own is hardly refreshing.

So I took the bloody mary mix I had, and  added:

1.  (Store bought and in a plastic container) chopped peppers (of various hues),

2. Two large peeled and cut up tomatoes,

3. Some stale French (baguette) bread, which I had grated.

I did not add any seasoning 'cause the Bloody Mary Mix itself is well seasoned.

In Spain or Portugal this would qualify as "faux gazpacho".

In my home I call it "Faux Cho".    Damn, it's good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"