Mercurial? Or maybe it's because I am a Gemini.

What a difference a days makes.


On last Saturday afternoon I was in the screened -in porch, sipping some lemonade, reading a good book  ("Amsterdam" by Ian McEwan), watching the bids and the water-fowl (a crow chased off a pelican, who flopped down into the pond and caught a fish), with  Penne my faithful friend lying at my side.

I felt utter peace and contentment.  "It doesn't", I thought,  "get any better than this".

Yesterday I was on the same Lanai, with another of McEwan's books ("Sweet Tooth"), a glass of water (lemonade all gone!), dearest Penne at my side.  An almost identical scenario.

I felt utterly sorry for myself, and entirely woe-be-gone.

Maybe it's because I am a Gemini.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"