Dinner today with my girl-friend


Fish Pie  (not the one I ate tonight)  this pic, is from the web,




My girl-friend Betty and I had an early dinner this evening at the Madfish Grill on Cattlemen Rd, SRQ.

She ate

Herb Crusted Cod
Panko and herb crusted cod, tomato-basil sauce, sautéed spinach + mashed potatoes, with enough to take home for her next two meals.
I opted for

Seafood Pie
Our original house favorite for over 11 years! Lobster, shrimp, scallops, sherry cream, scallions,  mushrooms, fresh baked "puff" (sic)  pastry + mashed potatoes,  (with) vegetables


 ( I chose to have  asparagus as a substitute for the mashed potatoes).

My dinner was good, but not excellent.  I think that for this kind of pie it's  better to have the puffed pastry as a "topping",  not as an entire pie casing - which tends to gets soggy on the edges and bottom of the pie.  But I ate it all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My "date" Betty and I had lively and stimulating conversation about the books we have read in recent days; about death and dying; and about our family members.  

The quality of our conversation exceeded that of the food.

It was a lovely evening, for which I am grateful,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY THE WAY, Betty is my 92 year old friend -  she is a WWII era ex-Marine,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"