The Highlight Of My Day: What it was not, and what it was.

It was not my meeting at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, FL  to review pastoral concerns alongside  the Revds. Eric Cooter and Ralph McGimpsey, though that was useful.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was not  my visit to the Veterinarian with Penne.  I took her there because I was worried about her laboured breathing, and her loss of energy.

The Vet determined that her temperature was perfect, and that her heart and lungs sounded good.  He "supposed" that she might have arthritis, and prescribed a medication to deal with it. I have my doubts.

He did not say what he may well have thought.  It is that my thirteen year old Penne is afflicted with OAPS: ........

Over Anxious Parental Syndrome.

------------------------------------------------------------

In fact  The Highlight Of My Day was driving my two legally blind friends:  Ben aged 91, and  Betty aged 92,  to TOTAL WINE where they could lay in fresh and abundant stocks of Bourbon, Gin, Vodka and Rum.  

These two  smart nonagenarians  know very well that hard liquor is an effective remedy and curative for Macular Degeneration.  Please join me in a rueful and hearty giggle.

As for me, I did not purchase so much as a bottle of tonic or soda water at TOTAL WINE.  But I was more than glad to be a chauffer and guide for Ben and Betty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"