"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I don't give a damn"

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I don't give a damn" about your assertion that no Muslim should become President unless she/he positively disavow Sharia Law.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn"   because you are so ignorant about the meaning of Sharia.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn"  because I doubt that you have ever seen a Koran, let alone read one.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because your narrow and sectarian views (and they are yours to hold) are in direct conflict with our Constitution.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because I do not wish to see a United States which is led by a person with his own Christian "spin" on how we should be governed.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because the Islam-aphobia which you endorse is no different than the anti-Catholic, anti-Irish, anti-Italian, anti-Jewish, anti-Negro *  attitudes which have been a consistent part of American history.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because the American people need a vision of hope, not a manifesto of fear.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because our (mostly) noble Constitution trumps your sectarian stance.

"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I  give a damn" because you do not assent to the Constitution. see:- 

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
"Frankly, Dr. Ben Carson, I don't give a damn" about the religious or irreligious views of any President or potential President just so long as she:

1,  Upholds the Constitution and the Rule of Law.
2, Governs without sectarian bias.
3, Has learned, and is willing to learn yet more.
4. Has a track record of wise and fruitful leadership in public and/or private life.
5. Has a demonstrable ability to be corrected (every President needs a truth-teller in his Administration, one  who will "tell the Emperor when he has no clothes") .

Given that, (and a few other considerations which I cannot call to mind as I write!) I have no concerns about the religious faith, or the absence of faith,  of any aspirant to the U.S. Presidency.

Better, I think, a wise Muslim President than a foolish Christian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"