More U.K. tourist tales/Sarasota attractions.

"The children"  Beth and Jordan took the Mote Marine boat trip yesterday.  They liked it a lot, and learned a lot.

They delighted in the Ospreys and the Pelicans, but above also else they were thrilled to see a couple of Dolphins, who put on stellar performance.

Best guess is that it was a mother teaching a young one to jump out of the water. curl over, and dive back down.

Back at home, they went down to our good sized community pool, and frolicked for an hour and a half.  They had the pool to themselves.

I had intended to take them to another of Sarasota's notable attractions, namely Total Wine.  But we ran out of energy, and deferred that visit.

I cooked supper.

For Jordan:  Roast Turkey, French Fries and Baked Beans  (U.K. style).
For Beth:  Roast Turkey, French Fries and Corn
For jmp"  Roast Turkey, Romaine Lettuce and Bean Sprouts.

I aim to please.

As we sat down to dinner they asked why I had not said grace on the previous days.  I said that as it is not a part of their tradition I had omitted the prayer.  They countered that they expected me as their host and as a minister to offer grace.  Sweet.

After supper, in the very warm early night air, we took a walk around the pond with Penne -  a great ending to a lovely day.

TODAY  we made their  reservations for para-sailing (tomorrow)  and for Busch Gardens (Monday).

Then I took them to the always fascinating Linger Lodge.

http://www.lingerlodgeresort.com

It's a blissfully unmodernised  Camp Ground in the banks of the (Little?) Braden River.

For a starter  we shared a plate of Alligator meat "bites"   (a first for them, and for me).  Alligator meat does NOT taste like chicken.   I perceived it to have a rather sweet taste.  It's a bit chewy.  We liked it but,  as with Calamari and Escargot  it's hard to know if the best bit is the flesh or the sauce

Beth had a more than decent piece of grilled cat fish for her main course,   Jordan chose "Monterey Chicken ( and was served a huge portion which more than satisfied his very healthy appetite). I went off diet to have a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich  (sans the Kaiser Roll) - so tasty of course,  even though most BBQ sauces are both utterly tasty and extremely unhealthy. But once in a while I splurge.

Linger Lodge is a great place to take out of town visitors.

These evening (Thursday 1st Oct) Jordan and Ben are down at the Myakka River State Forrest for some horseback trail riding.    They are riding rescue horses.

See http://www.bitofhoperanch.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I truly enjoy being a Tour Guide.  It's been fun to cook breakfast and supper for Beth and Jordan.

Beth agrees that my Epitaph should be: "He was a weird guy, but he made the best omelettes"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


P.S.  Yesterday, Wednesday 30th Sept.  I set out Penne's breakfast as usual at 6:30 a.m.  She did not touch it.  But by the time  I got home at about 10:30 a.m  from a meeting at Church, she had scoffed it all.

Similarly, this morning, Penne disdained her breakfast until Jordan and Beth came into our home from the neighbour's home where they are sleeping.

Once they arrived, Penne tucked in.    I think that she is adjusting well to my guests, and with a cool sense of hospitality.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"