Monday, 12 October 2015

The Ugly, the Bad, and the Good,

THE UGLY

Dr. Ben Carson (Republican Presidential Candidate "hopeful" } recently said this:


"As a Doctor, I spent many a night pulling bullets out of bodies. There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking – but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away"

(I copied these words from Dr. Carson's Facebook page).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not care if you are a Second Amendment absolutist , or a advocate for reasonable restrictions on gun ownership.

I do not care if you are a Republican, or a Tea Party member, or a Libertarian, or a member of the Constitutional Party, or an adherent of the Democratic Party, or of the Green Party.

I do care if you are a compassionate and caring human being,

If this be the case I raise these questions:

1.  "How is it that a compassionate Surgeon, who is a born again Christian, thinks that taking away the right to arm ourselves (which no one is advocating)  is more devastating than than the bullet-ridden corpse of a human being who was made in the image and likeness of God?"

2.  "Would Dr Carson  (a skilled Surgeon who has saved many lives) dare to say this to a grieving parent whose darling two year old child has just been slaughtered in a despicable drive -by shooting (such things  happen).



THE BAD



I made an impulse purchase of a 10oz  tub of Publix brand "Lobster Bisque"  the other day.   I ate it for lunch today,


Good Lord above, it was dreadful.  


It tasted a wee bit rancid,   It was so bereft of Lobster meat that my best guess is that this bisque had merely been shown a photo' of a Lobster.

I should have read the label:

"Lobster Meat"  was way down on the list of ingredients (well below the water content).

The fat content was 71% of the Daily recommended amount

The saturated fat content was 145%

Cholesterol  63%

Sodium 46%

It's dry toast for me for the next 24 hours.



THE GOOD

Here is a lovely photo' of the fabulous red sky, as taken in the Bristol (U.K)  suburb of Hanham on Sunday 11th October 2015










No comments:

Post a Comment