The Ugly, the Bad, and the Good,

THE UGLY

Dr. Ben Carson (Republican Presidential Candidate "hopeful" } recently said this:


"As a Doctor, I spent many a night pulling bullets out of bodies. There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking – but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away"

(I copied these words from Dr. Carson's Facebook page).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not care if you are a Second Amendment absolutist , or a advocate for reasonable restrictions on gun ownership.

I do not care if you are a Republican, or a Tea Party member, or a Libertarian, or a member of the Constitutional Party, or an adherent of the Democratic Party, or of the Green Party.

I do care if you are a compassionate and caring human being,

If this be the case I raise these questions:

1.  "How is it that a compassionate Surgeon, who is a born again Christian, thinks that taking away the right to arm ourselves (which no one is advocating)  is more devastating than than the bullet-ridden corpse of a human being who was made in the image and likeness of God?"

2.  "Would Dr Carson  (a skilled Surgeon who has saved many lives) dare to say this to a grieving parent whose darling two year old child has just been slaughtered in a despicable drive -by shooting (such things  happen).



THE BAD



I made an impulse purchase of a 10oz  tub of Publix brand "Lobster Bisque"  the other day.   I ate it for lunch today,


Good Lord above, it was dreadful.  


It tasted a wee bit rancid,   It was so bereft of Lobster meat that my best guess is that this bisque had merely been shown a photo' of a Lobster.

I should have read the label:

"Lobster Meat"  was way down on the list of ingredients (well below the water content).

The fat content was 71% of the Daily recommended amount

The saturated fat content was 145%

Cholesterol  63%

Sodium 46%

It's dry toast for me for the next 24 hours.



THE GOOD

Here is a lovely photo' of the fabulous red sky, as taken in the Bristol (U.K)  suburb of Hanham on Sunday 11th October 2015










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"