1. I have met many people who are HIGHFALUTIN.
Why is it that I have never met any LOWFALUTIN people?
2. I sometimes read or hear that certain items will be "auctioned off".
"Off what?". Shouldn't they be simply "auctioned"?
3. In a similar vein, I often hear that a computer file or photo' will be "printed up - (or out)".
Are there computers in the sky (up), or out of doors (out) ?
Shouldn't we simply say "this will be printed"?
4. The creeping and unnecessary "e".(and "p")
I was near the ghastly University Town Centre in SRQ this afternoon when I spotted a sign which directed drivers to "The Shoppes"..
What are "Shoppes"? Are they not simply "Shops"?
5. And should not our local "developments" be "Palm Air" rather than "Palm Aire", or "Grand Point" rather than "Grande Pointe"?
EHE I EIH OH:
JohnE MichaelE PoveyE