A Meat Loafy Day

It rained heavily through the night of 26th/27th January 2016.

The rain let up a bit on the morning of Jan 27th giving Penne and me enough time for her first pee/poop walk of the day,

Then the rain returned, and it has been with us all day (and probably will be with us throughout tomorrow).

This is unusual for S.W. Florida in January.

I blame "El Nino".

Others blame President Obama!

Blame aside, I decided that it was a day for Meat Loaf.

I used the normal ingredients:  Ground Pork, Ground Beef, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Salt and Pepper.

I did not have an onion to dice and add to the mix,  so I used some frozen and chopped up red, green and orange peppers instead,

I substituted Hot Salsa  for the more usual Tomato Ketchup.

The crowning glory was the addition of three rashers of good bacon,  cut up into 1" bits.

"Gosh Darn" it was good.

I ate it for lunch alongside sweet peas, and "oven roasted" Sweet Potato Fries.

'Twas an utterly delightful "comfort food" lunch  on a very rainy day.


Povey Meat Loaf






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"