Recipe (for those who asked) and for those who didn't



MEAT LOAF




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1lb ground pork
1lb ground beef
1/2 cup of diced onion or chopped up green or red peppers. (Recipe call for half a cup, I think that it needs more)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 cup salsa (I like it hot!)   or ketchup.
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper -  or to taste.
3 or 4 rashers of bacon, each cut up into 1" pieces.

Mix it up.    (use your hands!)  I

I don't cook mine in a loaf shaped pan, rather I mould it into shape in a  large baking dish  -  I like the eccentric shape of the finished product!

Option: glaze of  1/4 cup ketchup, mixed well with 1 tablespoon light brown sugar.

Bake for 1 - 11/4  hours, or until juices run clear.

Eat.  My suggestion, the recipe does not mention this.

 (also good cold the next day, in a sandwich)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Adapted by jmp from an on-line Mr Food recipe).


NB  for cooks in the U.K.

One cup in an American recipe equals 9 fl oz in the U.K.  (or more or less a half U.K. pint).

U.S. teaspoons are bigger than U.K teaspoons, but U.S tablespoons are smaller than those in the U.K.

(Experienced cooks on both sides of the Atlantic will know how to use their own best judgement re seasonings etc).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"