I am a talker, but I can be out-talked.

It was probably some fifteen years ago that I slipped out of Cambridge MA on a Sunday afternoon and drove west,  in order to visit my friends Joe and Dee in Granby, MA.

 I sat on the deck alongside Dee and Joe's pool.  We sipped lemonade.

After about thirty minutes I said "Oh my goodness, I am quite the talker, I have not shut up in a half an hour"

Joe and Dee began to laugh,

Dee said: "you have not stopped talking in an hour and three quarters!"

Dee was correct.  She had "nailed me".

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last evening,  (1st February 2016) at about 5:00 p.m.  I was at the home of my dear friend Ben for some pre-dinner fellowship with Ben, Bob, Gordon, John, Rick and Bill.

Bill talked, and talked, and talked. I uttered not a word,

After about forty minutes I began to laugh.  I whispered to Rick, who was sitting on my left, and said "I am a talker, but I have been out-talked (and reduced to silence) by Bill. I can scarcely get a word in edgewise"

Rick responded with "you are not even in his league!"

What fun it was to be in the Calvin Coolidge Club, if only for one evening!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"