Musings from my Lanai

At the back of my home there is a Lanai (in truth it is a screened in porch) which looks out  on a retention pond (an essential feature in lowland Florida, without which we'd all be up to our calves in water).

This retention pond has become a sanctuary for fishes, turtles, and birds (no alligators to date!),

As I looked out today I  watched as an Osprey flopped into the pond, and then emerged with a fish in his.her talons.

She/he took the fish onto the flat roof of my immediate neighbour's home, where he/she enjoyed a good supper.

What joy


Photo'not mine (taken from Google  Images)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"