My St. Valentine's gift to me.

I cannot be said that I am ahead of the curve with regard to information technology.

In truth I was a computerphobe until about 1996.  I would not even dare to turn off the office computer if the parish secretary had forgotten to do so when her day's work was ended, convinced as I was that I could cause irreparable damage.

One day I said "I'll never understand this computer age".

A couple of weeks later I thought "that was a damn stupid thing to say"

So I bought my first computer, monitor and printer, and signed up for Internet access with a local ISP in Western Massachusetts called "Berkshire Net".  I was hooked.

(That was in  the old "dial-up" days - can you remember them?)

Impulsive as I am I waited until 2004 before I bought my first cell phone. It was a nifty little flip-'phone which soon became my favourite toy, and an essential part of my life as a "communicator" (preacher).

Not to be hurried, I gave myself a St. Valentine's Day gift in 2016. I bought a Smart 'phone. (Wow, the speed of my adaptations in the world of I.T. is  dazzling!)

It's a Samsung 5n.  Such phones were on sale at "Best Buy" for $90 (and a two year contract with a phone company).

I wanted to sign up with AT&T since their "package" included 2G.

I also wanted to retain my 'phone #.

And here is the odd thing.  AT&T would not allow my 'phone # (on  Tracphone) to be imported to them, (despite the fact that Tracphone is owned by AT&T.  Go figure!

So I have switched my provider to Verizon, (offering 1g), a company which would and could import my Tracphone #.  I can still be reached at 9-1, 3-6 4-95  (You have the full # )

..........................................................................................................

Q, So what is this all about?

A, This boy wanted a new toy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be shopping for a state of the art coffin in about ten years!


Samsung 5n



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"