I hate to waste food - but there are perils.

On Monday 29th Feb I decided to use some leftover food for my breakfast.

I had a bit of uncooked spinach, and a half of an already baked sweet potato, which I did not wish to waste

I sautéed the spinach and sweet potato in a bit of Olive oil, and thus has a "waste not, want not breakfast". It was good.

I tried the same trick again today, Tuesday  1st.March. This time my plan was to use up a bit of left-over spinach salad, supplemented with a hard-boiled egg.  "Waste not, want not".

I took the spinach salad in its glass bowl from my fridge, and placed it on top of the oven. (So foolish!!)

I put some water in a saucepan to boil the egg.
les
I turned on my oven burner to cook the egg.

Sad to say I had made a grave mistake.

For I had  turned on the wrong burner.

Instead of boiling an egg I had heated the glass bowl which contained the remnants of salad.

Said glass bowl exploded from the intense heat - scattering shards of glass and bits of salad all over the kitchen.  DREADFUL!

 I should have been more careful or attentive!

It took me half and hour to clean up the mess.  I know that wee bits of glass will emerge from "wherever" in the coming weeks.

BUT it could have been worse. Not a single shard of glass exploded into my body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AS IF THAT WERE NOT ENOUGH  I managed to knock a glass tumbler to the floor at the home of my friend Ben later in the the day.

Once again my carelessness resulted in the "scattering of glass shards".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a "glass-astrophic day",

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CHEER UP!

Here's a nice wee photo' which I took from my screened in porch just before sunset today.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"