Life's minor victories (at the Mar Vista Restaurant)on Longboat Key)

I enjoyed lunch today at the Mar Vista Restaurant on Longboat Key FL., see:

http://marvista.groupersandwich.com


It was my joy to be with former Pittsfield MA parishioners Pat and Jack McLaughlin.  They now live in Wolfeborough N.H. (a dandy town!).

Jack and Pat visit LBK every year - we worked out today that this was a our ninth annual Sarasota/Manatee reunion.

We opted to eat indoors rather than wait in line for an outdoor table.

There were five  fifty something / sixty something men at a nearby table.

They were using their "backyard barbecue/three beers/horse-shoe playing" voices.  They were noisy.

They were very noisy.

After about five minutes of this when  "I could  hardly hear myself think" noise, I approached their table.

"Excuse me", I said, "could you please use your quiet voices".

One of them glared at me.  Four of them grinned at me.

One of the four said "of course".

A couple at another table smiled with appreciation at my intervention.

And the five  fifty something / sixty something men responded well, and used their "quiet voices"!

"Whoop-dee-do" for one of life's minor victories!

(The food at Mar Vista is good  -  I had sea-food tacos),

The ambiance is terrific  -  Mar Vista is a wee bit of unspoiled "old Florida".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"