Silly me

It was probably in October of 2015 that my Dental Insurance Company wrote me a letter, asking why I had not cashed their refund check/cheque from May 2015.

I returned their form, and by my signature I asserted that I had not received that check/cheque,

Two or three months ago the Insurance Company sent me an identical form, once again asking me to assert that I had not received my refund, I completed the form and mailed it to them, noting that this was my second reply.

So I have been awaiting the refund of just over $111,

It did not arrive, so today I checked my records so that I could call the Company to claim the refund,

I found a letter from them, dated  May 2015 which  had the header "This is not a bill", a letter which I had filed without reading,

 Careless me -  I had filed a letter before paying attention to its entire contents,

As I read it again today I discovered that the "this is not a bill" letter also included my refund cheque/ check which I had never seen or noted.

The cheque/check had a shelf life of 180 days, so it was no longer cashable or bankable,

( Back in the days when I worked for Westminster (later National Westminster) Bank (U.K.) we would refer to such cheques as  "Stale" or "Out of Date".

So today I called the Dental Insurance Company and confessed my error,

An entirely competent Clerk understood my problem, checked my records, and assured me that a refund check/cheque would be mailed to me within 14 days,

Hurrah for this part of the  private sector, Cigna   at its very best,








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"