Tropical Storm Colin - a word for those who know Sarasota

Tropical Storm Colin passed by us today,  It is, as many meteorologists have noted, "a disorganized storm" with its centre (if it has a centre) way out in the Gulf of Mexico,

I live about seven miles east of the Gulf, as measured from Lido Key to my home.  Today  I have seen some very heavy rainstorms, and a few ferocious wind squalls, but nothing dangerous.

In one of those squalls I delighted in the sight of some Live Oaks  (maybe 60' high) as they writhed in the wind.    It was a beautiful sight which reminded me of Psalm 29 v 8


"The voice of the LORD makes the oak trees writhe".

I've also enjoyed watching the crows who with their daring-do (sp?) seem to rejoice in riding the winds.

In my neck of the woods we've had a wee bit of local flooding, and a few fallen branches,  But there have been breaks in the storm which have enabled me to walk out with Penne,

I have lifted these photo's  from the net.


Crows in the Wind

Near St, Armands Circle today (not far from the Gulf)

Siesta Key Beach today.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"