Penne's Ministry

I have been taking Penne on my pastoral calls to a St. Boniface parishioner, (C. H-K,) who lives at the "Hawthorne Village"  rehab. and health centre here in SRQ.

Penne is getting used to these visits, but she gets confused when we alight the elevator/lift.  She cannot understand why we are in a "room" with no windows or doors.

C.  appreciates my visits (to share Holy Communion), and he is always glad to see Penne. Yesterday he gave her haunches a good scratching -  and Penne was in heaven.

Other residents brighten up when they see my dog.  For instance as we visited yesterday a woman who is also  resident of Hawthorne Village took a great interest in Penne (and who would not!).

This woman came closer in her wheelchair and handed me a post card.  "This" she said, "is a gift for Penne"

It was a photo' of a bronze sculpture by Alberto Giacometti, entitled "Le Chien".  How the woman happened to have this card in her bag is a mystery to me, but she said that she is a great fan of Giacometti.



"Le Chien" Bronze Sculpture by Alberto Giacometti. Such amazing artistry and  skill .


I encourage you to do your own Internet searches for more about Giacometti, and about the Wexner Family Collection where this sculpture is housed.

I know that you will be delighted to know that my dog has an important role in my ministry.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"